We provide outpatient physical therapy, specializing in orthopedic physical therapy. We treat injuries of the joints and muscles of the spine, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, hips, knees, ankles, feet, tempomandibular joint/jaw, and tension headaches.
We have specialized treatments for:
· Low back pain
· Neck pain and whiplash
· Sports injuries
· Muscle strains
· Post-surgical patients
· Peripheral neuropathy
· Total joint replacements
· Balance Problems and Vertigo
· Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions
· Running related injuries
The physical therapy treatments offered at CPT include:
• Manual Therapy, or “Hands On Therapy” including manipulation and massage.
• ASTYM™ (Outcomes here) (Physician Reference List) Augmented Soft Tissue Mobilization is a specialized soft tissue mobilization used to remodel scar tissue. It is a highly successful treatment for tennis and golfer’s elbow, wrist tendonitis, shoulder tendonitis and scar tissue. This treatment has been utilized by the NBA, Major League Baseball, the PGA, and others. For the common diagnoses, 55-75% of cases are much improved and > 80% of cases show improvement. The average number of treatments for resolution is 12 visits. Visit www.astym.com for more information.
• ANODYNE® THERAPY:ANODYNE® THERAPY is MIRE™ (Monochromatic Infrared Energy) is MIRE™ (Monochromatic Infrared Energy). This is a form of light therapy at a specially designed light spectrum (890 nanometers) used to treat neuropathy (nerve damage), edema, and wounds. Visit www.anodynetherapy.com for more information.
· BIODEX BALANCE SYSTEM: The Biodex Balance
System is used to assess and treat problems with balance, vestibular disorders, reduce fall risk, and lower extremity injuries.
· VIDEO GAIT AND RUNNING ANALYSIS: Video gait and running analysis offers live visual feedback to improve your gait and running efficiency and help to reduce your risk of injury.
• Pelvic Floor Therapy (PFT) for female and male patients experiencing pelvic pain, incontinence, sexual dysfunction, pre- and post-partum pelvic and prostatectomy rehabilitation. Internal and external examination and assessment are performed to determine appropriate intervention to treat pelvic floor dysfunction. Treatments include manual therapy, use of biofeedback, TENS and neuromuscular retraining of pelvic floor musculature. Check out our brochure down below.
· NECK AND BACK MECHANICAL TRACTION:
• Evidence Based Medicine/Practice (EBP). We utilize the current best available research, patient values, and our clinical expertise in order to provide the highest quality care to achieve optimal results and help our patients reach their goals.
• Therapeutic Exercise to correct movement and muscle imbalances contributing to your pain or condition.
• Theracycle or a stationary motorized bike (forced exercise) which has been shown to improve motor function in patients with neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease. Visit www.theracycle.com for more information.
• Durable Medical Equipment (DME)